26 May 2020 Tuesday

Started by KathyB, May 26, 2020, 02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

Happy Tuesday, everyone. Today has been a day of being a bum. I walked over to the mailbox across the street, but other than that, I've done nothing with my day except procrastinate and read a biography of Yogi Berra. The big things I'm procrastinating from are laundry and cleaning the house. And calling Rolling Stone to see if they can possibly give me a better rate than $119 per year. That is what my subscription is set to automatically renew at, and I had to look at it several times to make sure that it wasn't the rate for two or three years.

DiveMilw

That seems like a lot of money for a magazine subscription.  But it's weekly (I think) so I guess the per issue price isn't too bad.  Still, I hope you are able to get a better price from them.  A lower price could pay for a few extra Chinese takeout meals each year!

I'm doing some laundry right now.  I should do three loads but probably will end up only doing two.  We shall see what magic the rest of the evening brings.   :D :D
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

Quote from: DiveMilw on May 26, 2020, 03:55 PMThat seems like a lot of money for a magazine subscription.  But it's weekly (I think) so I guess the per issue price isn't too bad.  Still, I hope you are able to get a better price from them.  A lower price could pay for a few extra Chinese takeout meals each year!
Actually, it's monthly. It was biweekly for the longest time before changing to monthly a couple of years ago. The price they want me to pay is $9.92 per issue. Yikes.