Sunday July 30th.

Started by Gordonb, Jul 30, 2017, 05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordonb

Let me see if I can make today sparkle!

Bright and sunny morning, just the sort of day for a Sunday breakfast of tortilla española, using up left-over potatoes from yesterday and some strips of (not very Spanish) parma ham and grated parmesan cheese. Notwithstanding the muddled national identity it was delicious and we managed to get it eaten before the clouds arrived and the drizzle started, and it's been drizzling pretty much steadily since.

I spent a satisfying 30 minutes or so giving the Dyson another airing and the dust container filled again - we're a pretty clean house and it fills quickly so I dread to think what the machine would find in a house with animals or dogs ... now I understand why I shouldn't do "dailies" as I am even boring myself.

On a jollier note Rey is doing things with flour, eggs and chocolate and as he has been muttering "I want cake" for the last 3 or so days I think that we might be seeing cake later on today. That, together with the encyclopedia sized trimmed bone-in rib-eye which is currently marinating in oil, thyme, garlic and bay, has the makings of a pretty fine dinner I think.

Sorry I didn't sparkle,  but we have a daily ...

MartinG

For which we're all mightily relieved, @Gordonb  ;D .

I've painted the en suite and dug up a tree. Meanwhile thanks to Angela a chicken roasts merrily in the oven, smothered in olive oil and herbs with a lemon up its fundament.

Post-prandial activity will consist of selecting pieces for auditions on Thursday.
Morals tomorrow

Gordonb

I was right about cake, but it seemed only right to not wait till dinner time so ....

MartinG

Any pics? If there's any left.
Morals tomorrow

Gordonb

Quote from: Gordonb on Jul 30, 2017, 08:36 AMI was right about cake, but it seemed only right to not wait till dinner time so ....
Foiled again - I'm told the file is too big (2.7MB) and max attachment size is 2.5KB.
I've tried eating a bit more cake but the pic remains the same size O:-)

Bobster

Darn, I wanted to start a thread since this would be my ONE HUNDREDTH but got diverted at work.

Ah Phish... ;)

mrssondheim

Making some Gordon Ramsey scrambled eggs. I will let you know if they are as mind blowing as they all said on MasterChef. 

On a side note, Creme Fraiche smells exactly like sour cream to me. Lol. 
A blank page or canvas. My favorite.

AmyG

Quote from: Gordonb on Jul 30, 2017, 08:50 AM
Quote from: Gordonb on Jul 30, 2017, 08:36 AMI was right about cake, but it seemed only right to not wait till dinner time so ....
Foiled again - I'm told the file is too big (2.7MB) and max attachment size is 2.5KB.
Try again, Gordon. I just increased the size to 3 MB.

Gordonb

The cake and now the steak:

[attach name=IMG_0844.JPG type=image/jpeg]148[/attach][attach name=IMG_0846.JPG type=image/jpeg]150[/attach]

Gordonb

Quote from: AmyG on Jul 30, 2017, 10:36 AM
Quote from: Gordonb on Jul 30, 2017, 08:50 AM
Try again, Gordon. I just increased the size to 3 MB.
Thanks Amy. 

Vera Charles

Quote from: Gordonb on Jul 30, 2017, 12:14 PMThe cake and now the steak:

[attach name=IMG_0844.JPG type=image/jpeg]148[/attach][attach name=IMG_0846.JPG type=image/jpeg]150[/attach]
Yum yum - how lovely. (Are those ibuprofen in the background a pre-emptive strike?  ;) )

Gordonb

Quote from: mamarose on Jul 30, 2017, 10:31 AMMaking some Gordon Ramsey scrambled eggs. I will let you know if they are as mind blowing as they all said on MasterChef.

On a side note, Creme Fraiche smells exactly like sour cream to me. Lol.
@mamarose What does Mr Ramsey do differently? Add a few f-words to the egg?
I thing crême fraîche is more fatty and richer than sour cream which is more ... sour duh!

Gordonb

Quote from: Vera Charles on Jul 30, 2017, 12:18 PM

Yum yum - how lovely. (Are those ibuprofen in the background a pre-emptive strike?  ;) )
They're actually metformin which is for my type 2 diabetes,  so pretty eagle-eyed there Miss Marple! ( Don't tell my GP please!)

Vera Charles

Quote from: Gordonb on Jul 30, 2017, 12:25 PMThey're actually metformin which is for my type 2 diabetes,  so pretty eagle-eyed there Miss Marple! ( Don't tell my GP please!)
Your secret is safe with me, Gordon! 

mrssondheim

Quote from: Gordonb on Jul 30, 2017, 12:25 PM
Quote from: Vera Charles on Jul 30, 2017, 12:18 PM

Yum yum - how lovely. (Are those ibuprofen in the background a pre-emptive strike?  ;) )
They're actually metformin which is for my type 2 diabetes,  so pretty eagle-eyed there Miss Marple! ( Don't tell my GP please!)

Recipes???
A blank page or canvas. My favorite.