The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon)

Started by KathyB, Dec 26, 2017, 10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmyG

This topic is kind of broken in that the last two posts were not showing up in regular view, nor was the post reply section at the bottom. Hopefully, this post will fix it. And as Chris said, we would love to discuss the 3rd season.

KathyB

I wanted to mention how much I enjoyed Susie's expanded role this season (we get to see her actually manage, and to attempt to manage other clients). However, she still uses the same packing technique, which made me laugh. I liked the Sophie Lennon subplot in general.

Stuff I didn't enjoy so much: the entire Beatnik subplot (or whatever the politicallly correct term is to refer to them) and Midge and Joel getting back together. I can understand maintaining a friendship with your ex, particularly if there are kids involved, but don't push that friendship out to two one-night stands and a quickie Vegas marriage.

The cliffhanger has me quite eager for the next season. I'll have to rewatch this season (and previous seasons) in the interim so I don't forget what happened. I had forgotten a few details, such as Midge originally meeting Shy in the women's bathroom.