11-JUL-20 BLECH Saturday

Started by DiveMilw, Jul 11, 2020, 06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

At 8AM it was already hot and humid.  Yucky!!

Today should be the day Kathy's ceiling fan gets fixed.  If it doesn't I recommend she head to Costoc and get the Vordano air circulator fan. It's very quiet and does a fantastic job moving the air around.  This is the box shaped one.  (The little one that would look like a Minion if it was yellow is great for a desk or table and it oscillates - the sign doesn't say it oscillates.) But I'm sure the repair guy will be out and the repair will be quick and inexpensive.
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

BLECH Saturday just about says it. The ceiling fan is working, although it was, of course, more difficult than it should have been. He could not get the three speed switch to work, no matter what he tried (for 45 minutes), so we ended up with a single speed, which at least moves the air around, and feels so much better than not having the fan at all. He charged me $50, including parts.

I may have to go to Costco and look for that fan, which would be a good backup. I don't dare try setting foot in Costco on the weekend. Although they are limiting the number of people going in (good thing), it's difficult to find parking (bad thing).

Maybe I'll replace the ceiling fan next year. The fan seems to be made to be difficult to repair, but easy to replace--so Home Depot can sell more fans, I suppose.