30 July 2020 Thursday

Started by KathyB, Jul 30, 2020, 12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

What I've accomplished today: got gas and picked up my prescription. Talked to the client, so I know what changes to make on the brochure. I don't feel productive today. Maybe after I actually make the changes, I'll feel like I've done something.

What I really want to do: Get Chinese food. It has been almost two weeks since I've gotten Chinese food. But I'm going to wait until tomorrow, when it will be a little more convenient to pick it up.

DiveMilw

Since I'm not to have contact with other people and am running out of things to drink......well, things I want to drink.....I thought I'd give Instacart a try.  I have been shopping for people but this was my first order as a customer.  It went well.  Because I was mostly getting Polar bottled seltzers the online shopping went quickly.  But I did have to check three different stores to compare prices.  They were the same at any of the three stores.  I was running low on eggs so I added those and some ground pork to make Larb I'm not sure I'd do it again unless I couldn't/wasn't to leave the house.  

Ooops!  Taking a closer look at the recipe, I should have also gotten shallots, scallions and mint.  Oh well.  I'm sure it will be good enough with just the seasoning packets.  I got a starter kit from Omsom.  It also has flavor packets to make Sigig and Lemon Grass BBQ.  Omsom is a new business which makes "starters" so you can easily and quickly make various Asian dishes.
I no longer long for the old view!

scenicdesign71

This daily has successfully gotten me hankering to order in some Chinese or Thai for dinner.  Or maybe Indian.  Mmmm.  Decisions, decisions...