12 August 2020 Lean Cuisine Wednesday

Started by KathyB, Aug 12, 2020, 11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

I am having Lean Cuisine chicken fried rice for lunch because it was in my freezer already. Maybe this will remind me to pick up some real Chinese food. I have not actually had real fried rice in the longest time because I always order brown rice when I order Chinese food. I hope my colon appreciates it.

DiveMilw

I made this CREAM OF ZUCCHINI SOUP today.  Except I used yellow squash instead of zucchini.  I also added some ground sumac, paprika, and saffron.  I started with the sumac because I bought it a while ago and never used any.  I thought it would add some red color to the soup.  It was a very dark red.  So I added the paprika.  That was pretty dark as well.  That's where the saffron came in.  I think it helped a little.  The sour cream (I used regular because that is what I had on hand.)  made the soup pretty creamy.  I wish I had been in the mood to clean the blender because the soup would be even creamier and smoother.  This was super easy to make and I'll try again with whatever veggies I have on hand.
I no longer long for the old view!