The Haunting of...

Started by scenicdesign71, Sep 15, 2020, 02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scenicdesign71

...Hill House was one of those must-see series that I never got around to watching when it was first released in 2018, but I did end up bingeing it a year later and was very taken with it, despite the rather vaporous ending that (understandably) disappointed some people.  In fact, I watched the entire first season a second time this spring, and wouldn't rule out a third viewing at some point.

So I've been awaiting the second season, The Haunting of Bly Manor, with great anticipation.  Set to drop on October 9, the show finally has a trailer, released by Netflix two weeks ago:

Even as teasers go, this one takes a minute and a half to tell (and show) us remarkably little; in this particular case, I find it less intriguing than frustrating.  But I guess it's better than giving away too much, as some are wont to do.  (For instance: while the lengthy full trailer for Hill House didn't ultimately dampen my enthusiastic response to the show itself, it did reveal a fair amount of plot info -- making me wonder retrospectively whether seeing the show completely "cold" and unspoiled would've made it even more enjoyable.  But on the other hand, as exciting and intriguing as the HHH trailer was, it still took me a year to get around to watching the show -- so would a less-hook-y, less-revealing trailer have risked losing me entirely?).