30-SEP-20 Last Day

Started by DiveMilw, Sep 29, 2020, 10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

This is technically my last day as a full-time employee for a while.  I'm off today.  When I go back to work on Thursday I'll be part-time.  This will last until business picks up so I expect to be part-time for at least a year.  At least I didn't get furloughed.  As someone said, "Part-time is better than no-time."   :)
I no longer long for the old view!

scenicdesign71

Next Monday I'll be going from no-time back to full-time. I'm a bit fearful, but I've been attending weekly Zoom meetings with my union, on various topics relating to return-to-work Covid-19 safety protocols, which have provided some reassurance.  In fact, I'll be listening in on another such meeting this evening.

But first, I have to trek downtown this morning to get a PCR test and be confirmed Covid-free before starting work on Monday.

It will be nice to be get a regular paycheck again (as opposed to collecting unemployment), and to get back to some kind of work routine to take my mind off this godforsaken year.  I'm apprehensive, but also really curious, as to just what the "new normal" will be like at work, and how it will affect the daily work habits I've become accustomed to over the past six-plus years.  Pretty profoundly, is my hunch -- I know many shows have expanded their production schedules significantly, expecting everything to take quite a bit longer under the new safety restrictions -- but it will be interesting to see just what that looks like.

KathyB

I just spent $750 on new tires. They had to be special ordered, so I'm not driving around on them yet. Hopefully tomorrow or Friday.

DiveMilw

Kathy, are you still getting that discount that starts Oct 1st?

Dave - It will be strange going back to work.  I know in my job many things have changed and the people coming off leave this week will have many small adjustments to make.  You'll be off balance for a little while but you will get into the new swing of things.  Please let us know about some of the changes.  I'm curious what they will need to do to adapt.
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

Yes, I got the discount, because it actually started September 30. (Whew.)