Tue 8/01/17 - That was Last July

Started by Bobster, Jul 31, 2017, 09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobster

Well, I'm glad that July is FINALLY over.

I was such an idiotic fool at the beginning of the month and got too emotional.

"Call in three months time and I'll be fine, I know..."

AmyG

I'm sorry you were feeling bad @Bobster and I hope it's getting better.  :-*

This morning, I looked at my watch and it said 9:25 and I immediately thought of David Bowie's "Time" from "Aladdin Sane"

Oh well I look at my watch
It says 9:25 and I think
'Oh God, I'm still alive'

DiveMilw

Started this month with a funeral.  A relative I didn't know well.  I mostly went because I had to drive my mom & dad.  If you have to go to a funeral you should go to a Chinese funeral.  As you enter you are handed an envelope with a piece of candy and a coin inside.  You eat the candy before you leave the building to take away the bitterness of death.  And you are to use the money to buy something sweet that same day for the same purpose.  We got another envelope at the cemetery.  And then at the luncheon we got red envelopes for "good fortune".  The red envelope is given out at holidays and various festivals and at funerals.  They contain money - this time bills instead of coins.  It got me thinking that when I die I'd like to have some Chinese elements such as these at my service.  
I no longer long for the old view!

Bobster

I'm so sorry, @DiveMilw.

Well, I still messed up; I put this post on FB and it got misinterpreted.  I was saying that I was acting like a fool not that someone made a fool of me.

Ai.   :(

Bobster

Quote from: AmyG on Aug 01, 2017, 09:38 AMI'm sorry you were feeling bad @Bobster and I hope it's getting better.  :-*

:-* :-* :-*