02-DEC-20 Pico's Saga

Started by DiveMilw, Dec 02, 2020, 09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

A couple of months ago one of my friend's cat, Pico, broke his ankle.  He probably got clipped by a car.  So they took him to the vet and decided to have pins inserted to fit his leg.  There were many tiny pins to place so this was a BIG surgery and he is still recovering. He is off painkillers and gets a new bandage every few days.  He is in the homestretch and hopefully in a month he'll be free of the bandage and won't be under house arrest anymore. 

He got his third type of bandage the other day and he doesn't like it.  (He didn't like the 2nd one for a while either.  My friend's theory is that the new bandages are lighter and offer more range of motion.  This in turn is causing him to use muscles he hasn't used in week and that is causing the discomfort.) 
Since he got his new bandage he was sulking/hiding in their bedroom the entire day.  Here he is in Rich's spot on the bed.
You cannot view this attachment.

Here he is after Rich stepped into the room.  You can see Rich's legs in the photo.  I think Pico knows he's about to be moved and doesn't like it.

Don't feel too bad for Pico.  My room/the guest room downstairs is his recovery room.  He has a queen sized bed down there that he gets all to himself.  This is him a few days ago.  He sat like that for at least 30 minutes before he finally laid down and fell asleep. Dori must have been washing the sheets because the bed is usually made up and he has blankets and a comforter upon which to lounge.   (The cardboard wall is something Rich put up when Pico first came home.  It is to prevent him from jumping off the side of the bed.  It didn't work for very long.  Pico starting jumping and running around the house well over a month ago. Pico is a young, rebel cat who is full of energy.)
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

Awwwww... poor baby. Except I'm not supposed to feel too sorry for him. What a cutie.