5 December 2020 Virtual line Saturday

Started by KathyB, Dec 05, 2020, 02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

I spent the morning sitting in my car in a virtual line waiting for some limited edition radio station CDs for sale. I can't say I liked the experience of being in a virtual line. It took me about an hour to get to the front of the line. I purchased six CDs (the limit), and was going to wait in the virtual line again to get another six, but then another shopper in the parking lot said that the virtual line app wasn't working, so there was a physical line forming. At that point, I thought I didn't want to deal with the line anymore, real or virtual, so I left.

I passed by the new In-n-Out Burgers, which had a real line of traffic at the drive-thru and waiting to turn into the drive-thru. There is a variable message board (like the ones they have for traffic and road closures) directing traffic where to go. I had been planning to go to Raising Cane's to get some chicken fingers, but they seemed to be absorbing the spillover traffic, so I made a big circle around the block and headed home.

Now I am thinking of going grocery shopping.