Sunday 6 August -fix it day?

Started by Gordonb, Aug 06, 2017, 08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordonb

Can yesterday's "Blrthday" Daily header now be fixed; it's been bugging me C:-) 

That's about if for this sunny Sunday. 

Chris L

Quote from: Gordonb on Aug 06, 2017, 08:47 AMCan yesterday's "Blrthday" Daily header now be fixed; it's been bugging me C:-)

What's wrong with yesterday's headers (other than the lack of commas, which would have to be fixed separately on every message)?
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

Gordonb

Quote from: Chris L on Aug 06, 2017, 10:37 AM
Quote from: Gordonb on Aug 06, 2017, 08:47 AMCan yesterday's "Blrthday" Daily header now be fixed; it's been bugging me C:-)

What's wrong with yesterday's headers (other than the lack of commas, which would have to be fixed separately on every message)?
"BLrthday" ! Can't you see it?

Chris L

Quote from: Gordonb on Aug 06, 2017, 11:28 AM"BLrthday" ! Can't you see it?

Wow, it shows you how bad my vision is getting with age. I thought the "I" was a dotted "i", not an "L". Maybe it's a font difference on our machines. Anyway, it's probably best to leave it because we'd have to edit every message it's in, not just the first, and we're reluctant to edit other people's messages (though we can do it). Oddly, when you type it here I can see an "L" but on yesterday's headers it just looks like a straight vertical line.
But us, old friend,

Gordonb

Quote from: Chris L on Aug 06, 2017, 11:46 AM
Quote from: Gordonb on Aug 06, 2017, 11:28 AM"BLrthday" ! Can't you see it?

Wow, it shows you how bad my vision is getting with age. I thought the "I" was a dotted "i", not an "L". Maybe it's a font difference on our machines. Anyway, it's probably best to leave it because we'd have to edit every message it's in, not just the first, and we're reluctant to edit other people's messages (though we can do it). Oddly, when you type it here I can see an "L" but on yesterday's headers it just looks like a straight vertical line.
On my laptop it is much more visible than on my iPad or phone; but don't worry about it - changing history tends not to be a good thing!

AmyG

I fixed @Bobster's original message (sorry Bobster) and my own which was the last reply but that's all I feel comfortable doing. Editing other people's posts just feels wrong to me.

Chris L

Quote from: Gordonb on Aug 06, 2017, 11:52 AMOn my laptop it is much more visible than on my iPad or phone; but don't worry about it - changing history tends not to be a good thing!

No. We might accidentally cause the South to win the Civil War or something terrible like that. I'm not tampering with the past!
But us, old friend,

mrssondheim

Quiet day here. Todd is at his matinee for Anything Goes and I am home about to nap. I was watching House of Cards, but I turned it off and am just enjoying my animals gentle snores and the neighborhood sounds outside.
My fear is someone mowing a lawn or blowing leaves as soon as I dose, but I am gonna risk it.
Happy lovely Sunday everyone.
A blank page or canvas. My favorite.