6 December 2020 Sunday

Started by KathyB, Dec 06, 2020, 03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

It is Sunday, which means the first week of the current PBS pledge drive is over! Unfortunately, this one lasts two weeks. I really need to find something else to watch, or semi-watch. PBS is good for kind of watching in the background, but not entirely paying attention to.

Today was a nice day, with temps in the 60s.

scenicdesign71

Winter seems here to stay in NYC, which sucks Covid-wise and moodwise and everything-else-wise.  (Although, not so fast: right now they're claiming we'll get back up into the low 60s next Sunday).

But looking ahead, I read the other day that Warner Bros. has decided to stream all 17 of its major 2021 theatrical releases on HBO Max, for a month each, beginning simultaneously with their respective theatrical openings. (Every part of that plan may be subject to unforeseeable change, of course).

Of that slate, the only title I care a whole lot about is In The Heights, which had earlier been bumped forward from summer 2020 to summer 2021.  I'd still much rather see it in a movie theatre, if it's possible to do so safely at that point.  But it's nice to know that, under the current plan, it hopefully won't get bumped yet again, and should at least be viewable at home beginning June 18.