8 January 2021 Finally Friday

Started by KathyB, Jan 08, 2021, 09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

This week has just crawled by. I guess I had a fairly busy week with work and doctors' appointments and meetings, but it definitely seems as if it's gone by slower than normal. It is supposed to snow tomorrow, and I hope with all my heart that it doesn't snow more than an inch or two. (I've designated Thursdays and Sundays as my days for getting the mail.) Today is bright and sunny, though.

DiveMilw

Today was Funeral Friday for my family.  My Uncle Ted passed away on Dec 30th.  The funeral home had their first Zoom funeral for us.  (I think one of my other uncles purchased them a Zoom account.)  Carr Funeral Home in Boston has long ties with our family.  The services were held outdoors at the gravesite.  It was a nice day.  The sun was out and it didn't look too breezy.  Because it was held outdoors some of my Boston based relatives were able to attend.  The rest of us, as far away as California (and possibly Trinidad) attended on Zoom. 

The one good thing about the pandemic is that more and more family functions will be streamed online in the future.  This will allow many more people to attend events that normally could not or would have to wait for a video file to be sent to them.  

Kathy - I hope the next weeks are fairly snow & slush free.  I forgot that if you're wearing a boot you don't really have proper covering on your foot.
I no longer long for the old view!