23-MAR-21 Monday

Started by DiveMilw, Mar 23, 2021, 05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

I didn't make the Harira over the weekend so I'd better make it today.  We'll see what happens as I have a lot of other stuff to take care of today.  

Today is the day after SJS's birthday.  It is also National Puppy Day.   :dog: :dog:
I no longer long for the old view!

DiveMilw

Shortly after I made this post I got a call which I let go to voicemail.  No one should have been calling me that early.  It was the Director of Nursing from the residence where my Dad has been living for the past 2.5 years.  I expected it to be another call about his having a fall and that, per standard procedures, he was at the ER because he bumped his head.  Instead, I learned that my father had passed away earlier in the morning. They called me before they called my mom because they wanted to make sure someone was with her when she found out.  The employees there truly care about the residents and their families.  When one of the residents dies there is a small light in the lobby which is lit.  They added the photo of my dad which was hanging on the Veteran's wall.  My dad turned 82 last July.  
You cannot view this attachment.
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

My thoughts are with you and your family, Tom. It is nice how the residence staff cares about the families and shows respect for the residents.