24-APR-21 Wildlife Saturday

Started by DiveMilw, Apr 24, 2021, 09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

We went on a "Full Moon" tour at the Southwest Wildlife Preserve tonight.  (https://www.southwestwildlife.org/) It was fun to see the nocturnal animals a little more active than they would be during the day and learn about the great rescue and rehabilitation services they do.  If you're in the Phoenix area it is worth the drive out to see it.
I no longer long for the old view!

scenicdesign71

I finally got my second dose of Moderna on Friday morning, after being alarmingly delayed by a tetanus booster a couple weeks ago (about which I specifically asked, before getting it, whether it would interfere with my Covid-vaccine schedule, and was mistakenly told that it wouldn't).

So my new hobby is fretting about whether or not the almost-six-week spacing, and/or the interruption by a different vaccine altogether, has left me woefully short of the nearly-bulletproof protection these things are ideally supposed to offer.  It's almost more stressful than not having gotten the vaccine at all.

I'm hoping the CDC will determine, sooner than later, that a longer window is at least as good as the originally-recommended four weeks.  But it's not confidence-inspiring that, earlier on, they were recommending the series be restarted if the window stretched beyond six weeks -- in which case I would gladly have waited a few more days and done just that.  But that recommendation was later reversed, and they're now saying to just get the second dose, no matter how late -- 7 weeks, 12 weeks, whenever -- and call the series complete, despite having no hard data one way or the other about the effectiveness of doing so.

Grr.   >:(

Neither dose has caused much in the way of side effects beyond a sore arm.  Also not confidence-inspiring.  I know it's not necessarily meaningful, for good or ill, but I could have used the reassurance of feeling crappy this weekend, just as a sign that my immune system is reacting in some type of auspicious way.