12-MAY-21 Good Morning Wednesday!!

Started by DiveMilw, May 12, 2021, 05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

It's a lovely brisk, sunny morning here in CT.  I am looking forward to "receiving" some ticket stock we've been expecting for weeks at work.  It arrived and I have to officially mark it as 'here' in the paperwork.  I wanted to do this yesterday but didn't have time.  We were pretty busy at work and that is a good thing as far as job security goes. 

It is also a far cry from what we were facing a year ago.  Last year at this time we barely had anyone to check in or board on a flight.  Now our flights are nearly 100% full.  I'm pretty sure every airline is the same.  What this means if you are flying is that YOU CAN NOT BE LATE FOR YOUR FLIGHT.  Plan to be at the airport 1.5 - 2 hours before your flight.  Lines might be long at the ticket counter and at TSA, especially in the morning when many, many flights leave within a very short period of time.  TSA has been understaffed as they lost many of officers during the past year and don't have replacements yet.  This means longer waits to get through the security checkpoint.  If you miss your flight there may not be another flight to put you on and you'll be flying standby.  You could be waiting all day at the airport for people to miss their flight and create space for you.  

Please, please, please give yourself ample time to get to the airport, check in, check your bags, get through security, and wait in line to get food.  There are lines everywhere.  Also, parking may be more difficult to find since not all the parking lots have reopened.  So give yourself an extra 15 minutes to find a spot to park if you are driving to the airport.
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

After several days of rain and/or snow, it is bright and sunny, if a bit cooler than normal (which is OK with me!). Yesterday, I turned the heat up because it was so cold in my house. I also had someone coming over to install a new garbage disposal and to fix my garage step, and I didn't want him to freeze.

I can't remember the last time I parked at the airport. I usually take the bus/train. I don't even park when I'm picking somebody up. I go to the cell phone lot, wait for them to call, and then swing by the arrivals section. (I'm too stingy to pay for airport parking.)