7 July 2021 Wednesday

Started by KathyB, Jul 07, 2021, 10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

Today is supposed to be another scorcher, with temps in the upper 90s. Fortunately, I'm inside in air conditioning, which feels wonderful, although I will be going out in it later. The afternoon walk will most likely be delayed to an early evening walk. Or maybe we need to be going out earlier. She's had a few accidents in the house despite having access to the dog door and showing me she knows how to use it. :(

By the way, I'm dying to hear about Hot Cop's retirement party. Was he surprised?

DiveMilw

Quote from: KathyB on Jul 07, 2021, 10:42 AMBy the way, I'm dying to hear about Hot Cop's retirement party. Was he surprised?
He was very surprised.  He had no idea it was happening.  I probably surprised him even more since I was late getting to the party.  Don't decide to bring ice cream sandwiches to a party unless you have fully thought through ahead of time the hour long drive in the summer sun.  I had to get a couple of things before I left but then I ended up making extra stops because I decided I needed more ice. (and then the stores where I planned to get things didn't have things I was going to get there so I had to add more stops.)  I was woefully unprepared to attend a surprise potluck type party.  

The party was quite nice.  After the party I went back to the lovely AirBnB Hot Cop and his husband rented for a long weekend.  It's right on Long Island Sound.  We, and a few of there other friends, sat on the patio looking out at the water, listening to music and enjoying each other's company.  Then we went to dinner and got to the restaurant minutes before the kitchen closed.  :D   They were out of Shrimp Burgers.  :'(  All in all it was a wonderful day.
I no longer long for the old view!