12-JUL-21 Mayo Monday

Started by DiveMilw, Jul 12, 2021, 06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

For the second time in my life I made homemade mayonnaise today.  It was very easy to do.  I'm not sure if I like how it turned out today.  It is not as thick as the first batch I made a few weeks ago.  And I tweaked the ingredients to give it a little more flavor.  I think the flavors will blend as it sits and get better.  Also, I think that once I have it on a sandwich or use it in tuna/chicken salad it will be perfect.  

I used a recipe which uses an immersion blender to emulsify the egg, oil, etc.  It is super easy since you dump everything into the blending container, stick in the immersion blender and turn it on.  The key is to make sure everything is at room temp.  Last time it was a very warm day so everything was probably a degree or two warmer.  Maybe that partially explains the difference in consistency.  In any case, since making mayo takes less than ten minutes including washing the dishes I'll be doing it again in the future.
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

Today is the Home Run Derby associated with the Major League Baseball All-Star Game. People are expecting a lot of far-flying baseballs due to the altitude. (Normally, Coors Field stores its baseballs in a humidor to counteract some of the effects of the altitude, but they're not doing that for the Home Run Derby, so anything goes.)

Tomorrow is the All-Star Game itself, moved here from Atlanta because of Georgia passing some voter laws earlier this year.