Chris and Amy's trip to the UK

Started by AmyG, Aug 21, 2017, 08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane

What other towns/cities are you visiting?

Chris L

Quote from: Diane on Sep 03, 2017, 09:23 AMWhat other towns/cities are you visiting?
The places where we'll be staying are Oxford, Stratford-Upon-Avon, York and Edinburgh, but we'll be taking day trips from some of those to other places. We'll be taking some day trips from London too.
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

Chris L

We're leaving for the UK on Monday and will be arriving Tuesday. Feel free to leave messages for @AmyG and me on this board. I'll also be monitoring Facebook. I won't have a computer, but I'll be posting via iPad and iPhone.

Wish us luck. It's gonna be a long flight!
But us, old friend,

Leighton

Have we decided where we're meeting prior to Gordon's?
Self indulgence is better than no indulgence!

Chris L

@Leighton - I'm not sure. @Vera Charles, we decided on the previous page to meet at London Bridge. I believe that's London Bridge Station, correct?
But us, old friend,

Chris L

@Gordonb - What time do you want us to meet you at Blackheath Station? We can arrange to meet at the station in time to get to your place.
But us, old friend,

Vera Charles

Just confirming that the plan is I'll meet @Chris L , @AmyG  )and @Leighton ?) at London Bridge Station - time tbc and then either @Gordonb  will meet us at Blackheath Station OR he will give me his postcode and I will get us there!! Exciting!!!

Leighton

Sounds good :) let me know times

Gordonb

Quote from: Vera Charles on Oct 03, 2017, 02:02 AMJust confirming that the plan is I'll meet @Chris L , @AmyG  )and @Leighton ?) at London Bridge Station - time tbc and then either @Gordonb  will meet us at Blackheath Station OR he will give me his postcode and I will get us there!! Exciting!!!
What sort of time will Chris and Amy get to their Tower Bridge hotel after their trip from North of the Border? Once we know that we can plan a meet time at London Bridge Railway Station (Not underground station). It's less than 15 minutes to Blackheath and then a 10 minutes walk to our house ... how daring walking the mean streets of Sarf London😂😇. Keep in touch. As to wine @Chris L yes please and as @Vera Charles is coming, lots of it! Your colour choice.

Chris L

We're in London now, guys, and will be back again later. More details when we've recovered from the trip.
But us, old friend,

Leighton

Chris L

We're back from our trip, which was wonderful. I posted about most of it in the Daily a few days ago, but to reiterate, we stayed a couple of days in London, traveled by train to Oxford, Stratford-Upon-Avon, York and Edinburgh, stayed a while in each, then went back to London for the last five days of the trip.

When we were in London we had dinner at @Gordonb's house. @Vera Charles and @Leighton were also there. Gordon's partner Rey cooked us an excellent meal and a good time was had by all. It was a wonderful evening. (Thank you for the tin of biscuits, Mairi! They were excellent and we finished them off before we left, though I managed to get the tin back in my luggage as a souvenir.)

We saw Follies at the National last Monday evening. It was a stunning production and I'll try to write more about it in the appropriate thread.

I can hardly list all the things we saw and did, and probably shouldn't, lest I become one of those people who forces you to look at all the photographs from their recent vacation. (Besides, if you're one of my Facebook friends, you've already seen the photos. ;) )

It was a delightful 2-1/2 weeks and we're now recovering.
But us, old friend,