04-AUG-21 P:ainful Wed

Started by DiveMilw, Aug 04, 2021, 06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

When I left work yesterday night this morning's flight to Dallas had cancelled.  That was "OK" because people would have gotten the notification over 12 hours in advance.  I just checked how we were doing today and two additional morning flights also cancelled.  I don't know when that happened but it was probably overnight.  I feel bad for our passengers and for my co-workers who had to work this morning.  We had a few out people sick this morning so it might have been an especially stressful day.  We are down one person this afternoon but we've got a good crew scheduled so we should be OK.  ::fingers crossed::

In better news the weather has been really nice the past few days.  Not too humid, temps in the high 70s to low 80s during the day.  And I just bought a ticket to see a local production of "Into the Woods".  It's part of the Connecticut Shakespeare Festival's "Shakespeare and Sondheim" summer program.  They are producing ItW as well as "A Midsummer Night's Dream", "Shakespeare 4 Kids: Dream Scheme" (both which ran last month), and "Snow White" (which isn't Shakespeare or Sondheim so I'm not sure exactly how that fits in).
I no longer long for the old view!

DiveMilw

Eeek!!!  Got to work and found out one of the regional jets had been downsized and was now oversold by 14 passengers.  I helped out a little bit with that.  Basically every flight we had after that was oversold.  It was quite a tiring day and I'm not even including the two big delays we had. (Our MIA flight was late getting to us.  The Captain for one of our CLT flights was on that plane so the CLT flight was also delayed.  What fun!)   It was a very hard day at work but the passengers, for the most part, were great.  I don't need to have a day like that again for a long time.
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

Rest in peace, little squeaky acorn toy. You lasted a good two months and were loved, but in the end you were no match for Bernadette and her teeth. You have been replaced by squeaky T-Rex, which is "robustly constructed to take a beating" with "ruffest and tuffest construction."