16-OCT-21 Quick Saturday

Started by DiveMilw, Oct 16, 2021, 05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

I've got a quick turnaround at work tonight so this is a quick Daily.  I'm off at 18:30 and have to be back at work at 04:00.  That's not the worse but I'm hoping to be able to leave work 30 minutes early so I have a little time to relax before going to bed tonight by 8PM.  The great part about a 4AM start is that I'll be out at 12:30PM.  If I don't nap the afternoon away I will mow the lawn for what I hope is the last time this year.  (but I bet I'll have to mow it at least once more after than)
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

I could have sworn I posted in this thread about the beautiful day we had today (in the 70s) and preparing to go to the hockey game, but apparently I didn't. Now I'm back from the hockey game, and I'm happy because all the fans got a free hamburger at the Cherry Cricket for the home team scoring 6 goals. They actually scored 8 goals and shut out the opponent, so it was the kind of game where lots of people left early, so we had no trouble getting out of the parking lot. (We had free parking.) The team is now 4–0!

scenicdesign71

Mild but a bit rainy here.  I went to the theater tonight for the first time since March 2020, to see a play at Irish Rep with my mom (who was an enthusiastic regular there in the Before Times, and who I'm happy to report got her booster shot earlier this week).

But the really big news, popping up all over my phone as we were leaving the theater tonight, is that my union will not be striking after all.  With an overwhelming mandate from the membership (90% of IATSE members who were eligible to vote on the issue did in fact vote, and of those votes, 98% were in favor of a strike beginning Monday if serious progress was not made by this weekend), the very real threat of doing so was apparently enough to win us most of what we were asking for:

https://deadline.com/2021/10/hollywood-strike-averted-iatse-amptp-reach-agreement-on-new-film-tv-contract-1234850563/