17 October 2021 12,000-step Sunday

Started by KathyB, Oct 17, 2021, 04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

My phone says that I've gone 12,129 steps today, and it definitely feels like it. 

First, we went for a long walk this morning (well, longer than normal) because I felt that while the weather is so nice, we should take advantage of it. Then I went out to eat with a friend, except the wait for a table was over an hour, so we spent that hour walking around the block and the parking lot. Our table was not ready within one hour. It took at least an additional 15 minutes for it to be ready. Then we went to Ulta, where she had a hair dryer set aside for her to purchase, except they put it back because she didn't come in yesterday (don't businesses typically give someone 24 hours? They should.), and it turned out not to be the type of hair dryer she needed anyway, and it took us quite a while to figure out that Ulta didn't sell the particular kind of hair dryer needed, and the Ulta salesperson suggested we go to Sally Beauty, which, fortunately, was right across the parking lot, except they didn't have the right kind of hair dryer either, so then we were going back to the car, but we decided to go to Petco instead (and they didn't have the right kind of cat food), and then Target, both of which were in the same general shopping center, but not all that close together. It turned out that Target did have the right hair dryer, although they didn't have the right cat food either. We then finally walked back to my car back at Ulta, and I'm estimating we walked over a mile just in that combination of parking lots. I then came back and took the dog for her afternoon walk (a short one, just around the immediate neighborhood), and she didn't poop, and my legs were feeling tired. It's about 80°F outside, so it's nice walking weather, but I can't deal with any more walking.

Right now I just want to take a shower. Probably a cold one.