16-NOV-21 Tooth Pulling Tuesday

Started by DiveMilw, Nov 16, 2021, 07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

I mean the title pretty literally.  I think I mentioned that last week I had a crown come off.  The tooth underneath had cracked and there was quite a bit of decay.  My dentist cleaned it up and glued the crown back in but said it would eventually not hold any more because there was not much tooth to attach to.  In about 45 minutes I'll have what remains of the tooth - mostly the root and tiny bit above the gum line - pulled by my oral surgeon.  Then after the months long process of healing, having an implant put in, and more healing I'll get a new (fake) tooth.   ;D <- Me after getting the new tooth and having a full "smile" again.
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

Ewww. Good luck. That sounds most uncomfortable. :(

I also have a doctor appointment this morning. It is just a routine screening. After that, the garage door serviceperson is coming out to hopefully fix my door so I can close it without running in the house.

Guess who chewed up another pair of my pajama pants today?  :dog:

KathyB

The garage door opener had a bad circuit board in it. It cost $145 to have that replaced. Which I'm sure is less than Tom's tooth.  :'(

DiveMilw

My co-pay was $85.  I thought it would be more.  I hope I don't get a bill.  
Because basically only the root was left it took a little bit of work to get it out.  He had to use the drill but it didn't take too long.  However, I haven't stopped bleeding from the extraction site.  It's not a gusher of blood but I'm a little worried that it hasn't stopped yet.  I did take 800 mg of ibuprofen during the first two hours I was home (two 400 mg does two hours apart) and ibuprofen can make it harder for the clots to form.  Maybe that is what is happening.  On the positive side of things, even though the ibuprofen must be mostly gone by now, I don't really have any pain.  If the bleeding hasn't stopped by morning I'll have to give the oral surgeon a call. 

Glad you were able to get the garage door fixed without having to replace everything, Kathy.
I no longer long for the old view!