19-NOV-21 Air Fry Friday

Started by DiveMilw, Nov 19, 2021, 08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

I am feeling smug because I did a little bit of grocery shopping this morning and made two trays of air fried veggies.  I roasted/air fried parsnips and carrots and then baby corn and Japanese eggplant.  I'm going to mix some of each and add a vinaigrette made of a ginger & garlic olive oil and a black cherry balsamic vinegar.  I can't take credit for coming up with the vinaigrette.  I was at one of those olive oil and balsamic stores and they had me try it.  It's very good and will be interesting with those veggies. Hoping I'll be productive tomorrow as well and bake some broccoli cheddar muffins in the morning. 

Now I'm off to work.   :cat:

PS - I think next time I'll oven roast the parsnips and carrots. I think they need a longer time in the heat to bring out all of their natural sweetness.  The air fried ones are good but they could be great.  The "silver lining" part of me says they are perfectly undercooked so that when they are reheated they will be just right.
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

I'm sorry. (Not about the air frying--that sounds great.) I was going to post something incredibly witty about my dentist appointment yesterday, and then I completely forgot. It turned out to be the best dentist appointment I ever had, mainly because it was brief and inexpensive. This was the first time I've ever gone in for a cleaning and been finished in less than an hour. That was courtesy of the dentist himself being unavailable to consult with me, due to some emergencies, which also made the final bill a bit less than it would have otherwise been.