9 December 2021 Thursday

Started by KathyB, Dec 09, 2021, 08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

I am stopping by to create the daily thread before I go to bed. Hopefully it will finally snow tonight, which is something that hasn't happened all season yet. Goodnight!

scenicdesign71

I saw West Side Story last night, but unfortunately kept drifting in & out of consciousness throughout the first half or two-thirds of the movie, so it was a disorienting and wholly unsatisfactory blur; I'm very annoyed with myself for not getting any sleep the night before, and thereby ruining the movie experience for myself.  I'll go back at some point, maybe even to an IMAX screening next time, but still.

I was alert during "I Feel Pretty" to enjoy the playful excuse they (Spielberg? Kushner?  Production Designer Adam Stockhausen or Set Decorator Rena DeAngelo?) have engineered as justification for the Coward-ian sparkle of Maria's lyrics.  I imagine SJS must've appreciated that.

On a brighter note, one reason I haven't been sleeping enough is that the last few days have been very productive.  In addition to dealing with various home and medical/dental issues for my mom (and finally scheduling a dental checkup/cleaning for myself, too), I dove in and got a start on the Much Ado About Nothing I'm designing for an outdoor amphitheater in Florida next May.