05-JAN-22 Super Unmotivated Thursday

Started by DiveMilw, Jan 05, 2022, 11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

There's all sorts of stuff I would like to get done today.  I also don't feel like doing anything that requires me to go outside.  Since I need to do things such as grocery shop so I can make soup I'm not getting much done.  But that is about to change as I am about to force myself out of the house.   ;D
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

That makes two of us who are unmotivated. I need to get dog food. I figure I can procrastinate on getting it for up to five days, and then someone is not going to have anything to eat.

I did, in fact, get the dog food, so I am a hero in Bernadette's eyes. :dog: But today officially sucks. It is snowing again (that's not the part that sucks), and I think it sounds like a good idea to just go to bed early. Goodnight!

scenicdesign71

I beat you both, I just slept all day!  :D

But I've been keeping crazy hours lately working on my Much Ado design.  And it has paid off: my director has been liking the results so far -- and, better still, he's been more cooperative than I expected about letting go of one specific element he had originally wanted: a Juliet balcony which would've been a hassle both to design (that is, to cram into this already busy set without sacrificing sightlines) and to build; he recognized that it would've been far less versatile than the multiple other upper-level playing spaces I've given him instead.  In fact, he seems very much on board with what I've designed; and, with my TV job getting pushed off till later in the month due to Omicron, there's a non-trivial chance I could actually get this drafted and submitted on time for the technical director to start pricing out.

The next headache will be when the TD tells me it'll cost ten times our budget.  But said TD didn't seem fazed by my original preliminary sketches a few weeks ago (which were, if anything, even bigger and more elaborate than the current version).  Here's hoping his optimism isn't unwarranted.