22-JAN-22 Single Digit Saturday

Started by DiveMilw, Jan 22, 2022, 07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

Overnight the temps fell into the single digits with a "real feel" of 1 degree.  Brrrr!!!!

Today might be a good day to stop at the Chinese place near the airport and get some of their delicious Yan Chow fried rice.  (I think that is what it is called.)  It doesn't have much, if any, soy sauce so the rice is white.  I don't know what spices they use but the taste is just wonderful.
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

The fried rice sounds delicious. Even after I ate my second lunch from yesterday, which was also delicious.

Total accumulation of snow turned out to be a dusting, which was still quite slippery in places. Last night I went to a hockey game, which required a bit of walking, because I park about half a mile away so I don't get ticketed, and because I'm too cheap to pay for parking. Most of the parking signs around campus say "1 hour parking until 10 pm" but the ones where I park have one hour parking only until 6 pm, so I can park any time after 5:00 and leave my car there for however long.

Anyway, the home team won by a score of 5–0, which was disappointing only because if they had scored 6 goals, everyone would have gotten a free burger from one of the sponsors.