6 February 2022 Sunday

Started by KathyB, Feb 06, 2022, 02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

It is a little cold (around 40°), but otherwise today is a beautiful sunny day. I feel like I am watching the snow melt in front of my eyes as I look outside. I have a couple of loads of laundry to do, and instead I'm watching men's cross country skiing, which was really not all that exciting because there was so much time in between each of the finishers, but it feels better than doing laundry. (Doing laundry itself ranks much higher than a lot of other household chores, including scrubbing the bathtub.) And with that, I think I am going to start a load.

scenicdesign71

I too have laundry to do.  And also some design work that I've been putting off.  Apart from trekking downtown for a much-needed haircut yesterday morning, this weekend has been a wash, productivity-wise.   ???

But it's been warming up a bit here, too, after the recent bitter cold.  The upcoming week is supposed to be downright temperate for February, rising to a high of 50º by Wednesday.

After not paying attention to the local Covid numbers since early last month -- when positivity rates were spiking to a level that alarmingly dwarfed our previous (spring 2020) record -- I was encouraged to see yesterday that they've plummeted again, to almost pre-Omicron levels.  (Hospitalizations and deaths thankfully haven't risen nearly so sharply, just a bit higher than the winter 2020-21 surge, and are now on their way down again).

I'm going to use your post as a helpful nudge, Kathy, and go do my laundry.