14 March 2022 Stir-fry Monday

Started by KathyB, Mar 14, 2022, 04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

I was given a bag of broccoli florets that was getting old, so I decided to make a stir fry. I tired to get flank steak for the dish, but couldn't find any in the meat department of King Soopers. After looking for about ten minutes, I decided to get a more expensive cut because the package said "Great for carne asada!" so I figured it would work for beef and broccoli. It did end up working, but next time I'm going to see if I can find flank steak at Safeway, because it really was kind of expensive for a stir-fry dish. I didn't think that flank steak was that difficult to find. Isn't that what's used for fajitas? Or maybe that's skirt steak.

The broccoli was delicious, and I didn't need to prep it other than cutting apart some of the more giant florets. I think the stir-fry sauce was the hit of the meal. It was delicious, very easy to make (once I wasn't trying to do three things at once), and I think it would go very well with chicken, which I happen to have a lot of in the freezer. The good news is that I have at least three servings of leftovers, so I don't need to worry about cooking for a while!

Very warm day today. I went out for our walk without a coat.