15 April 2022 Friday

Started by KathyB, Apr 15, 2022, 03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

I spent the morning listening to Jesus Christ Superstar, which I thought was an appropriate thing to listen to on what is both Good Friday and the first night of Pesach.

I spent the rest of the morning and the beginning of the afternoon looking up photos of items sold in a convenience store. It was tedious. I think I have at least seven more hours of looking for photos of items. It's one of those tasks that I was doing as fast as I could, but I never seemed to get any further along. :(

scenicdesign71

Losing.  My.  Mind.  ;D :D :)) :D ;D

Speaking of tedium that never ends, this model has become so large that it slows my computer down to a crawl, and rendering these little fifteen- or twenty- or thirty-second clips can take up to an hour apiece.  Plus, I've now got it divided into three separate files: one for "sunset," one for "night" and one that's devoted entirely to the park around the amphitheater, the public plaza directly behind it, and the big glitzy new hotel directly behind that.  So anytime I want to make a change or addition, I have to add it to at least two and sometimes three other files to keep things up to date.  Needless to say, keeping all three open at the same time would bring this poor laptop to a total standstill, so I'm juggling them and trying to keep everything straight in my head, and meanwhile every other keystroke involves ten or twenty seconds of lag time instead of the usual instant response.  And of course, every time I think I've finished making obsessively minute tweaks to the model, and have begun rendering a new batch of clips -- an hour or two into the rendering process I'll end up discovering "just one more" fix or improvement that feels crucial (at this point it's always something tiny, but nonetheless always feels important enough to be worth killing another few hours for).   ....like I said:  losing my mind.

But now I've got these nine clips and a few more, so once I've given my brain a break from this, I will import them into iMovie and see if I can edit them into something that looks halfway elegant.  I'll probably want more nighttime views of some of these camera moves, but I just can't face the render times right now.

:P

scenicdesign71

You cannot view this attachment.

Looks kinda like nuclear Armageddon, but it's just my overdone version of a Tallahassee sunset.