What's been going on ...

Started by nulipp, Jun 20, 2017, 03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nulipp

Aaaaaand we're back! 

Thanks, Chris and Amy, for resurrecting the board ... now that I'm off Facebook again (more in a sec), I need to be better about keeping in touch here!

News ...

1.  I've officially retired from the public school system after 33 years!  I'd been SERIOUSLY looking all Spring for a "second career" after retirement from teaching, but I was offered a great job teaching Physics full time at the most prestigious private school in Jacksonville starting in the fall.  If you're interested, The Bolles School.

2.  My Mom and I will be taking the 8-day "Danube Waltz" Viking River Cruise starting on Sunday.  The cruise begins in Passau, Germany, then travels through a few stops in Austria, then Bratislava, Slovakia, and ends in Budapest.  Once we get past the 16 hours it will take us to get there from Saturday morning to Sunday morning, it should be wonderful (though it would be more wonderful if the area wasn't in the midst of a heat wave).

3.  Directing news ... I'll be directing a local production of Grey Gardens running the first three weekends in November (auditions at the end of July), and directing Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, which opens next April 20. 

4.  I'm totally done with Facebook.  As some of you know, I was back on for a heartbeat after nearly three years away.  It Only Takes a Moment to realize Facebook is the Devil.  I still have a profile for about three dozen family members ... it's the best way to keep in touch with them (they're all in Connecticut, Virginia, Paris, and Ireland).

I don't remember what my FTC profile text or signature was - I need to come up with something!

XO  Michael

HI EVERYBODY!

What's been going on wit youse guys?
I chose, and my world was shaken. So what? The choice may have been mistaken, the choosing was not.

Chris L

Great to see you, @nulipp, and glad to hear that you're still directing shows. The Physics job sounds terrific, even if you didn't manage to escape Jacksonville ;). I noticed you weren't on Facebook (when I first tried to invite you here ;) ), but it's probably for the best. I follow FB on and off, but the only conversation I've really gotten caught up in recently was a long one about the old FTC board. Which led Amy to suggest we create a new one.

And here we are! (God, I've missed this! And now I have a legitimate excuse for my huge number of posts.)
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

nulipp

It was wonderful to be back on Facebook to reconnect with all my FTC friends ... and I had "unfollowed" virtually everyone except FTCers ... but I just can't stand it.  Just a few dozen family "friends" on FB is fine by me.
I chose, and my world was shaken. So what? The choice may have been mistaken, the choosing was not.

Diane

Michael, your plans all sound really great.  I hope the heat wave abates before you get to Europe  (and that goes for you Brits as well, and Anne).