11 June 2022 HOTTER Saturday

Started by KathyB, Jun 11, 2022, 06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

Today was in the unbearable range. It officially got up to 100° at the airport today, and I am sweating even though the AC is on. I was going to make rice for dinner, but didn't feel like eating anything even remotely warm, so I ended up eating some prosciutto-wrapped mozzarella from Costco.

Today was also the day of the Belmont Stakes, and my picks did not do too well, finishing fifth and sixth.

DiveMilw

It turned out to be a nice day here in WI.  We were supposed to get rain but aside from the odd drop or two we really didn't get any. (Yesterday a narrow band of storms came through being heavy rain and a lot hail.  Some cities had golf ball sized hail. We were on the highway at the time and got some pebble sized hail for a few minutes otherwise it was lots of rain and smaller hail). The temps have been in the 70s dipping into the 50s at night.  I've left my window open because it is so nice out.  It's perfect sleeping weather.

Herw's a photo of Theon and Marcus who accompanied us on our walk out to the field this evening.  Marcus is behind the tree to the left and Theon is on the right.

You cannot view this attachment.
I no longer long for the old view!