30 June 2022 A Parade in Town

Started by KathyB, Jun 30, 2022, 07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

Woo-hoo!

Today is the parade for our Stanley Cup-winning Colorado Avalanche! It gets underway at 10 am and goes through downtown Denver, then ends with a rally in the park across from the state Capitol. It's nice to see how this has united the city. The weather should be perfect.

I am not planning to go downtown to see it in person, but it will be televised on every local station (except PBS).

Afterwards, I need to go to Costco to pick up a prescription, and hopefully they will have some Stanley Cup Champions merchandise for sale!

scenicdesign71

My show is closing tonight.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to get back to see it again since opening, but in the meantime we have gotten a few better reviews.  My favorite is this one.

This week I've been commuting to Jersey City to work on a new musical romcom for Amazon, and then painting another off-Off play for a friend in the evenings.  It has been enjoyable but also unbelievably exhausting, leaving my apartment at 4:30 each morning and arriving back home after 11 each night for the past three days.  With tonight off (the play is having its first cue-to-cue this evening), I am going to bed now, and looking forward to the three-day weekend.