6 August 2022 Early Saturday morning

Started by KathyB, Aug 06, 2022, 12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

It is about 1 in the morning, and I had been sleeping since 7 pm. I must have been tired.  What woke me up was a very strange dream about prototype shoes, and earning the privilege of wearing them, but not being able to figure out how to put them on. The left and right shoes were different. I also remember a bunch of news anchors walking by, and I was trying to call out to them to help me fasten the shoes.

I believe it's supposed to be slightly cooler today, in the 80s instead of upper 90s, but I could be remembering the forecast wrong. I really do love air conditioning.

mrssondheim

I am sorry you got so little sleep Kathy. I hope you were able to drift back into it. I wonder what your dream meant. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
It was a lovely cool morning here but now it is starting to heat up. Booooooooooooo
Happy Saturday everyone. I have so many friends at callbacks for different shows. Good thoughts to all of them. For me, I am home with hubby and furs. Sounds really good to me!
I am taking time off from theater until after the first of the year. Having covid has place me in a weird mental state. So I shall putter and nest and then come back ready in the new year. For now I am happy here in my safe place.
A blank page or canvas. My favorite.

scenicdesign71

Aileen, I'm so sorry you have Covid!  But glad (??), I guess, if it's at least offering you welcome time and inspiration to putter and nest.  Sending you best wishes for a fast and full recovery, and glad to see you back on here.

And Kathy, I am so taken with your description of your dream: "earning the privilege of wearing" a pair of "prototype shoes," struggling with them and calling out to a passing "bunch of news anchors" for assistance.  Novelists trying to sound dreamlike don't capture it that effectively.  And I wish I could be so concise (about literally anything).