11 August 2022 Delightfully warm

Started by KathyB, Aug 11, 2022, 01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

Right now it's 96°. I don't think we're going to make it to 100.  :(

My toilet that was completely dry a couple of months ago has decided to start working again. I probably still should have a plumber come look at it to figure out exactly what is going on. 

The only other thing I have going on today is laundry--maybe, if I decide to actually do it rather than just spend the day thinking about it.

scenicdesign71

It's been mid-90s all week here too, until today.  Today it dropped to mid-80s, and at the moment they're claiming it won't rise above lower-80s anytime within the next seven days.  I hope they are right.

Not that I've had much cause to complain -- this week has seemed long, but not because of the heat, or for any real reason except that I took last week off and thereby lost my work rhythm from the past month in movieland.  Rejoining my old TV job this week has actually been very pleasant: productive but untaxing, and very well air-conditioned, in a brand-new studio with lots of space, working with friendly colleagues including another scenic who lets me ride to and from work with him, since he drives right by my neighborhood on his daily commute anyway.

So, temperatures notwithstanding, it's been quite a good week.  Hopefully tomorrow will continue that trend.