20 August 2022 Saturday

Started by KathyB, Aug 20, 2022, 01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

I finally did laundry!  :))

That is my exciting news of the day!

This is my last weekend with Hulu before I cancel it next week, so I'm spending time watching a bunch of small things. I'm probably going to watch a few movies tonight. I don't have to cancel until Thursday, so I will get to watch the season finale of Only Murders in the Building, which comes on Tuesday. I have definitely gotten my $1/month worth, but I'm not convinced that it's worth spending whatever the full price is to have it permanently. (The fact that I haven't even bothered to find out the full price is one indication that I don't need to keep it around.)

scenicdesign71

I am going to need to keep my Hulu long enough to re-watch OMitB's entire second season (and maybe the first, for good measure) after its finale airs on Tuesday, because Episode 209 kept calling back to details I'd largely forgotten about, and I suspect 210 may hold more of the same.  In the end, I was able to clock most of the major plot developments in 209, but maybe not as satisfyingly as if I'd retained more of the earlier episodes.  And my mom, whose memory is getting glitchy at 87, was baffled by several key twists.  (It probably doesn't help that she likes to recline on her sofa while watching TV, making it very easy to nod off).  The downside of weekly serialization in the binge-TV era (and of aging), I guess.  Perhaps we'll do a 2-season Only Murders marathon next weekend.

I also need to do my laundry, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.  Soon (I promise).