30 August 2022 Terrific Tuesday

Started by KathyB, Aug 30, 2022, 06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

Today was hot. It still is hot. It's not H O T, though, and I'm grateful. As far as I can tell, it got up to 94°. I don't have a lot to report. I spent half the day asleep. I recovered my phone from where I left it yesterday. We had a very warm walk this afternoon. I chose to take a nap rather than do laundry. I had pasta for lunch. That's about it.

Oh--the PBS pledge drive is over!

DiveMilw

Hooray for the pledge drive to be nearly over!!!
I had Taco Tuesday today at Taco Ocho .  I got Chips & Queso to start while I waited for my friend, Tyler, to join me.  Then I ordered one Smoked Chicken Elote Taco and one Cabo Fish Taco.  They were very filling.  I liked the fish taco best but I got the deep fried version and the piece of fish was HUGE and piping hot so I got full on the other taco and mostly just ate the fish instead of the all the fixings.  (I guess I ate quite a few chips while I was waiting.)  

Today was also interview Tuesday.  I had a 2nd interview for a job in Dallas.  I'll tell you more about it if I get it.  
I no longer long for the old view!

scenicdesign71

Yay Terrific Interview Hot Pasta Taco Tuesday!

My Tuesday was none of those things, except maybe hot (not H O T, thankfully, and I was in the air-conditioned studio most of the day anyway).  Oh, and I guess it actually was pasta-ful as well, since I had spaghetti and meatballs for dinner last night.

Today I am having Taco Wednesday, inspired belatedly by Tom's post.  But, having chosen tacos partly due to their being less filling than a burrito, I then forgot to order the side of chips and guac that I had meant to order -- so I'm even less full than I expected to be, and also bereft of crunch.

Not that I needed the extra food:  I had already had lunch today at Harlem Shake, because I was in Harlem all day restoring two locations.  I had also been there two days ago, prepping said locations for filming, and had gone to Harlem Shake for lunch then as well.  On both occasions I had their Harlem Classic smashburger.  But on Monday I also got fries and a black-and-white shake, while today I had a watermelon cooler to drink (ice cold and just sweet enough, not cloying), and no fries.

None of this is especially commendable, nutritionally speaking, but at least forgoing the fries and the shake and (unintentionally) the chips gives me a very vague illusion of feeling virtuous.  Maybe, kinda?  Oh, I'm also doing not one but TWO loads of laundry right now, one of them sheets & towels, AND I just now paid my rent AND my quarterly union dues, both a day early, so yeah.  Virtuous Wednesday here, totally, even if this is the wrong thread.

Of course, I'm also feeling antsy, and putting off doing much, about Curious Incident, hence all this unheard-of diligence in other areas...

In any event, the end of a PBS pledge drive is always a thing devoutly to be wished.  And, as I'm sure Mlle. Bernadette would agree, even a very warm walk is way better than no walk at all!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, Tom!  :)