29 January 023 Arctic Sunday (prelude to Arctic Monday and Tuesday)

Started by KathyB, Jan 29, 2023, 11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

Today is when a huge mass of Arctic air moves in. The temperature right now is a lovely 4°F, and it's supposed to remain this way for the next couple of days. I don't know if there is going to be snow or not. My big chore is to get somebody to go poop outdoors when it's this cold. :(

I loved, loved, loved Fun Home. 

scenicdesign71

Yay!   ;D  I thought you might.  Well, I hoped you would.  It's hard for me to imagine a Sondhead who's also a graphic designer, not loving Fun Home, but I wouldn't be so foolish as to suppose it isn't possible.

Anyway, I'm very, very, very glad you did!

And sorry lil Bernie wasn't psyched to poop outdoors in the cold, though I can't say I blame her. :-*:dog:

Earlier this week here, they were predicting a plunge from high-40s to low-single-digits by Friday, but that's been moderated so the lows tomorrow and Friday are now supposedly in the mid-20s.  And then back up to the low-50s at the start of next week.  I might almost hope for a mild rest-of-the-winter segueing into an early spring, except that then I'd be afraid of a long and brutally-hot summer.  But who knows anymore?

scenicdesign71

Oh hell, either they changed their minds (back) again or, more likely, I just misread: the high tomorrow (Friday) is now allegedly 28, while the low is 8 degrees.

::)

As far as I'm aware (which doesn't actually mean much, given the unpredictable nature of my job), I should be working indoors at the studio all day tomorrow anyway.  But I'll be wearing multiple layers atop my toastiest Under Armour just in case.

It is supposed to bounce back into the 40s by Sunday, and up to around 50 by midweek.