8 February 2023, Wednesday

Started by KathyB, Feb 08, 2023, 12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

I had the most delicious Chick-Fil-A sandwich ever for lunch. It was just a regular sandwich, but it's been a while since I've had one, and it tasted especially good today. 

It is currently 51 degrees outside today. 

scenicdesign71

I had never tried Chick-Fil-A until a couple of years ago, sometime during the initial pandemic shutdown, when I was ordering food from DoorDash almost daily.  I wasn't aware we even had a Chick-Fil-A anywhere nearby -- I suspect this one must have opened relatively recently -- but their grilled chicken sandwich is mighty tasty.

More recently, during tech for one of my shows last year, I and two other LGBTQ members of the creative team managed to horrify our straight, cis-male director -- who it seems had been boycotting C-F-A for years in order to be a good ally -- by admitting to shamelessly enjoying their yummy "Hate chicken" ourselves every now and again.  To be honest, I find their (over)pricing almost as dismaying as their bigotry -- but the former at least keeps me from supporting the latter with my purchases more than once in a blue moon, yumminess notwithstanding.  I figure having avoided them for decades should count for something, even if it was more due to circumstances than to principles.  But mostly it was just fun watching our director's dismay and befuddlement as the three of us enthused over the forbidden chicken.

It is currently 43 degrees here.  I don't think we broke 50 today, but we'll get there tomorrow afternoon, and Friday's supposed to reach 55.