HERE WE ARE

Started by scenicdesign71, Mar 16, 2023, 11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scenicdesign71

I forget whether the OCR includes the dialogue about Leo and Marianne cloning their dogs (so as to keep an identical set at each of their houses around the world, saving the hassle of pet transport when traveling).  But this article made me think of them...

The New YorkerBest Inbreed
                                         The rise of canine clones.

scenicdesign71

Ives's latest sounds interesting, even if it's not quite ready for primetime:

NYT:   In Pamela Palmer, a Blonde, a Gumshoe and an Existential Mystery

I was stumped (especially without having seen or read the play, as one might assume most readers of theatre reviews haven't) as to what near-anagram Green could be thinking of for the eponymous heroine's name ("map me paral[l]el"??), before finally reaching the obvious conclusion: he's simply pointing out that her first and last names are near-anagrams for each other.

I enjoyed Ms. Benko in the 2020 indie The Scottish Play not once but twice: when it first streamed in 2021, and then again last year on PBS (where it can still be viewed with a PBS Passport, or rented on Prime Video or Apple TV+).   It turns out that, around that same time, she also had a four-episode arc in Raising Kanan's first season, playing a doctor who delivers bad medical news to, and conducts subsequent check-ins with, one of the series leads (a police detective played by Omar Epps).  I never met her, but I vaguely recall working on her character's office set soon after our return from the pandemic "hiatus".