Septemper 29, 2017 - a land of plenty

Started by Gordonb, Sep 29, 2017, 01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordonb

This is what we picked yesterday from the garden in our friends' house where we are staying. [attach name=IMG_1354.JPG type=image/jpeg]177[/attach]

DiveMilw

@Gordonb - Are those figs on the grapes?  That is the one I can't figure out.  
I no longer long for the old view!

Chris L

Hope there's some left when we get there, @Gordonb!
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

Gordonb

Quote from: DiveMilw on Sep 29, 2017, 03:12 PM@Gordonb - Are those figs on the grapes?  That is the one I can't figure out.  

Yup figs; I am generally not that fond of figs but these, warm still from the sun, are quite something. Rey had a small bowl of market-bought yogurt with some local honey drizzled over it and the figs ... he was making very inappropriate noises of contentment!

When we were here last July cherries and strawberries were very much in season and they were just delicious, I suppose now we are into autumn fruits.

Gordonb

Quote from: Chris L on Sep 29, 2017, 10:53 PMHope there's some left when we get there, @Gordonb!
Sadly not sure that the wonderful fruit will travel home. We bought fresh anchovies at the market this morning, about a kilo for £2 more or less, tossed half of them in seasoned flour and fried them - a squeeze of lemon ( from the garden!), some bread and salad- honestly you couldn't ask for a finer lunch![attach name=IMG_1386.JPG type=image/jpeg]179[/attach]

Chris L

Oh, right! You're not back in London yet. It certainly looks like you're dining well and we're looking forward to dining with you when we're there.

BTW, what kind of wine do you like? We want to bring something for the meal and are taking requests.
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

DiveMilw

I never stopped to think that they might come some other way than packed in oil in a tin!!  I might be convinced to try anchovies if they were prepared this way.  
I no longer long for the old view!