30 May 2023 (Human) Dentist day

Started by KathyB, May 30, 2023, 12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

I went to my dentist (not Bernadette's) today and none of the suction was working. They took x-rays and scraped my teeth but didn't clean them with the rotary thing. It came to $340 (yikes) so I decided to get the $396 plan that pays for two dental visits (cleaning, exam, x-rays) and gives me 50% off any fluoride treatments (that will be next visit) and 15% off any additional dental work, such as additional cleanings, cavities or crowns. I figured that was the better way to go, especially because it's now been recommended that I come in three times a year rather than two. The additional visit will be about $140 minus 15%.

I still have to schedule the canine dental procedure.

The dentist was running behind, so I was late to pick up my sandwich order at Snarf's. They had made it at 11:22 for my scheduled 11:45 pickup, but I didn't get there until 11:59, and then I had to wait in the back of a long line. By the time I got home with it, the sandwich had lost any trace of warmth it may have had. :( It was still pretty delicious, but next time, I will schedule pickup for at least 15 minutes after the time that I would ordinarily pick it up.

This day has been crummy so far. :(

DiveMilw

I hope the day got better, Kathy.

The only reason I am online is that I happened to see the date when looking at my phone.  (how weird that statement would be 25 years ago.)  May has flown by and I thought I still had a few days before I needed to pay rent.  Good thing the date caught my eye.  I have pay rent and avoided late fees!!  (although today is actually the 31st and not the 30th....see the days are going by so fast I can't keep track)
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

I scheduled the canine dental procedure. It will be three weeks from today at VERY EARLY o'clock. The good news is that the vet is five minutes from my house, so I can most likely get there even if I oversleep, and I can go right back to bed afterwards.