9 May 2023 Expensive week (Poor baby)

Started by KathyB, May 09, 2023, 11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

I took Bernadette to the vet today for her annual wellness exam (which turned out to be $340, when adding in the heartworm test and medication).  I am going to have to start brushing her teeth (good luck with that), and she really should go in for a dental procedure, which would involve putting her under and leaving her for the day. It costs $1000. I know it needs to be done, but this is coming on the heels of my new water heater (which was paid for this week), and car repairs costing $1000 (yesterday), and renewing my season tickets with the Denver Center (also yesterday). I am thinking of calling the credit card company to tell them that nobody has stolen my card. 

I think the dental procedure will wait for a couple of months, not only because of the cost, but because it seems better to wait to do something where B has to have general anesthesia. I could get a second opinion, but I am pretty confident in the first one. I am not sure that my tax refund is large enough to cover the procedure plus this past week, but I haven't gotten it.

I guess the good news is that my car is safe now, with new rear shocks and struts and with brake lights that now work.

DiveMilw

Glad you have a fully working car, Kathy.  Sorry to hear about B's tooth troubles.  

I do not have much to say today.  I went for my first walk around the pond in the park which is next door to me.  I should have done this months ago but have been too lazy.  There are a lot of geese who hang out near the edge of the pond.  They have many fuzzy baby geese.  I missed when they were little but at least I saw them with fuzz.  The geese don't seem to be too fazed by the humans walking around.  I was a little worried they might attack so I didn't get close.  They kept a watchful eye on those who approached them but did no more than that.  I guess no one got too close....except for a duck I saw being chased.  
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

I got the formal estimate for cleaning B's teeth today, and it was 50% more than they had originally told me. :(