23 June 2017 - Thank Friday it's Friday

Started by Vera Charles, Jun 23, 2017, 04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

Has anyone literally played today's Google Doodle?  Click on the play button to load sounds.  Then you can create a composition!  There is also a visual element which is more than just music notation (I think.)  Today Google celebrates Oskar Fischinger's 117th Birthday.  I did not know anything about him but now I know a little. 

Today is my Monday.  This week I will have two Fridays because I work six days before I reach my weekend.  This (or longer stretches) happen because I'm Open Time or Vacation Relief.  So my schedule will match that of someone on vacation.  Sadly, my co-workers are not considerate enough to schedule their vacations with my days off in mind.  Occasionally, I will have a week where I only work two or three days before my weekend starts again.  I have one of those coming up next month and I may forgo the pay and see if someone will take my shift so I can have six days in a row off work.  :D
I no longer long for the old view!

Chris L

Quote from: MartinGorst on Jun 23, 2017, 01:06 PM🏠🗽🐐🍓

🙇🙆‍♂️🤷‍♂️

From my iPad. Thanks, guys!
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

KathyB

I have a ton of work to do and don't feel like doing any of it whatsoever.

What else is new?

AmyG

Congrats, @Gsavage14. Enjoy your new house! 🏠🥂 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦

We are going to do a tour of the Highlands when we are in the UK this fall. 🚌 📆🏰

(Emojis courtesy of MacOS -- probably the same ones available on the iPhone)

Chris L

Quote from: DiveMilw on Jun 23, 2017, 02:20 PMHas anyone literally played today's Google Doodle?  Click on the play button to load sounds.  Then you can create a composition!  There is also a visual element which is more than just music notation (I think.)  Today Google celebrates Oskar Fischinger's 117th Birthday.  I did not know anything about him but now I know a little.

I fiddled with it a little during the night, but just went back and did more. Random clicks generate surprisingly beautiful little melodies. I'll have to read up on the mechanics, because it's a remarkably good way of making music without actually knowing anything about music.

This should be a permanent link to the doodle and the accompanying article.
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

Leighton

Quote from: DiveMilw on Jun 23, 2017, 02:20 PMHas anyone literally played today's Google Doodle?  Click on the play button to load sounds.  Then you can create a composition!  There is also a visual element which is more than just music notation (I think.)  Today Google celebrates Oskar Fischinger's 117th Birthday.  I did not know anything about him but now I know a little.  

Today is my Monday.  This week I will have two Fridays because I work six days before I reach my weekend.  This (or longer stretches) happen because I'm Open Time or Vacation Relief.  So my schedule will match that of someone on vacation.  Sadly, my co-workers are not considerate enough to schedule their vacations with my days off in mind.  Occasionally, I will have a week where I only work two or three days before my weekend starts again.  I have one of those coming up next month and I may forgo the pay and see if someone will take my shift so I can have six days in a row off work.  :D

I made a surprisingly good composition.  I have never studied music.

It has been a long week.  17 Year 8 reports left to write this weekend and then reports are done for the year.  Not long until the summer break, which will be most welcome!
Self indulgence is better than no indulgence!