Oct. 2, 2017 - London Here We Come!

Started by Chris L, Oct 01, 2017, 09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris L

As I mentioned in the thread about our trip, @AmyG and I are leaving for the UK on Monday (which is already today in most time zones) and will arrive in London on Tuesday. We won't have our computers, but will monitor this board via iPhone and iPad. I'll also be monitoring Facebook.

We look forward to seeing some of our UK friends while we're there. We're dining at @Gordonb's place on Oct. 14, which should be a blast!
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

MartinG

Bon voyage to you folks. Have a wonderful trip  ;D x
Morals tomorrow

Chris L

I think you need to work on your French, Martin. ;)  Thanks!
But us, old friend,

Gordonb

A second bon voyage to you both.

We had a lovely little "voyage" of our own today on the good ship Pegasus, out of Fethiye, tootling around a very small area of the eastern Mediterranean / Aegean under the guidance of Captain Mustafa. A beautiful small ship sailing from bay to bay, moored for a barbecue lunch prepared by Mrs Mustafa, time to swim and laze in the beautiful blue seas ...when we disembarked we spotted a brand spanking new Starbucks so we thought we'd give it a shot; it seemed strange that in the warmth of the high 80s they were advertising  Spiced Pumpkin latte, but I settled for a iced coffee frapuccino or some such nonsense. I boycott Starbucks in the UK cos it sells rubbish coffee drinks and I'm pleased to report that their consistency for poor coffee has spread as far as Turkey!

Anyhow the cafe was nice and cool and the drink ( I cannot call it coffee) was cold so it didn't spoil a rather lovely day.

DiveMilw

Hope your flights were smooth and you were able to sleep and be comfortable.  Let us know you arrived safely whenever you find some wifi!
I no longer long for the old view!

Chris L

We're actually just about to leave the house. (It's a red eye flight.) But we'll keep you guys posted!
But us, old friend,

Chris L

For the record, we're still at LAX. Our plane was struck by lightning and had to be checked by maintenance. But boarding is about to start. And we'll fly straight into Tuesday morning.
But us, old friend,