01-MAR-24 It's Friday

Started by DiveMilw, Mar 01, 2024, 07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

Despite the extra day, February passed by very quickly this year.  

I need to go to bed early because I am flying to Milwaukee in the morning.  I will be visiting Marcus, my friend, Dori's, cat.  He is having surgery on Monday to find out if the lump on his leg is cancer and, if it is, how bad it is.  The vet thought it was just inflammation but they meds they gave Marcus have not resolved the lump.  They now suspect there might be cancer under the inflammation but will not know for sure until they take a look inside.  Marcus is over 15 years of age and like many cats his age has developed a heart murmur.  So, the vets don't know for sure if Marcus will survive the surgery.  Marcus is one of the sweetest cats I've met and I'd like to make a, hopefully not last, visit with him.  I'll be in town for only 4.5 hours and it is a two hour round trip drive to get to his house.  So, this will be a fast visit but worth all the trouble.  
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

Tom, when you find out more information, please keep us updated on Marcus's status. I am hoping all the best for him.
:-* :cat: :-* :cat:

DiveMilw

Quote from: KathyB on Mar 04, 2024, 04:39 PMTom, when you find out more information, please keep us updated on Marcus's status. I am hoping all the best for him.
I goofed up on the dates of Marcus's surgery.  It is this week but I think it is on the 8th.  I will let you know what happens.  I had a very good visit with him on Saturday.  I gave him some pureed sardines and we went for a walk in the field. Here he is laying in the grass.  It is sometimes difficult to get a good photo of him because he always wants to be near you.  
You cannot view this attachment.

DiveMilw

Quote from: KathyB on Mar 04, 2024, 04:39 PMTom, when you find out more information, please keep us updated on Marcus's status. I am hoping all the best for him.
Marcus Update:  Well, the good news is that he didn't need the surgery.  The bad news is that when they took an x-ray before the surgery, the vets found lung cancer.  It can not be treated.  Because of the lung cancer they decided not to operate.  Marcus seems to be in good spirits but physically might be running down.  Dori reports that he was having a bit of trouble breathing the past couple of days and is not very active.  They will say goodbye to him on Tuesday. That will be the third kitty to leave the house in the last 8 months.  :'(