3.14 Pi Day (with lots of snow)

Started by KathyB, Mar 14, 2024, 01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

We have a lot of heavy, wet snow--about a foot so far, and the forecasts I've heard say a total of one to three feet, which is a huge variation. It's supposed to keep snowing through the day into the night and finally stop maybe around midnight. We tried going out for a walk in it this morning, but there was a huge half-frozen puddle at the end of the driveway (in addition to eight inches of snow on the driveway itself), and the 12-pound dog did not want to attempt jumping over that puddle. So we walked in the opposite direction, where some intrepid person had walked earlier, so there were some footsteps to follow, and we made it maybe around a few groups of houses before she decided to poop, and then I decided to just pick it up and we would go home.

Everything is closed. The snow is the perfect consistency for making snowballs. Usually our snow is much more powdery, but this snow started with rain last night, so it's pretty wet.

DiveMilw

How much snow did you end of getting, Kathy?   Do you still have any of it left?
I no longer long for the old view!

KathyB

We got about 18 inches. Not much of it is left, except where enormous piles were piled up because of someone trying to clear the streets or a parking lot.

DiveMilw

Quote from: KathyB on Mar 22, 2024, 02:03 PMWe got about 18 inches. Not much of it is left, except where enormous piles were piled up because of someone trying to clear the streets or a parking lot.

Oh, that makes me nostalgic for the snow mountain in a parking lot near the grocery store I often went to when I lived in CT.  It would last for weeks after all the other snow had melted.  People would make bets as to when it would finally disappear.  
I no longer long for the old view!