8 April 2024 The day of the solar eclipse

Started by KathyB, Apr 08, 2024, 03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyB

The sun was about 2/3 covered here in the Denver area. I'm wondering how it looked for people with more coverage. The New York Times had a photo of people in Mazatlán (in the path of totality) enjoying the eclipse, and I'm pretty sure I recognize that beach--that's the beach that was a block away from my friend's house when she lived there. The last time I went to visit her, we went out and watched the sunset every night. Unfortunately, she doesn't live in Mazatlán any more--she lived there for 18 years.

B and I went out during the height of the eclipse, but it was much lighter here than the last one in 2017 (I think we had around 80% coverage for that one), and I didn't have any eclipse glasses, so I was just watching the atmosphere and thinking that not much was happening. It got a little darker than normal and a little cooler than normal. It looked like it was around 7 am at 12:40 pm. Nothing extremely remarkable. :(

DiveMilw

You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment.
I no longer long for the old view!