Movies That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Started by DiveMilw, Oct 21, 2017, 06:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DiveMilw

I watched "The Punisher" tonight.  Apparently the concept was to punish the audience.  I thought it was never going to end.  Was it that bad back in 2004? It couldn't make up it's mind if it was a funny action movie or a serious, violent flick.  
I no longer long for the old view!

Chris L

I've never seen the Punisher movie and don't have a strong urge to rectify that (though I seem to be one of the few people who liked the Ben Affleck Daredevil movie, which was from the same period). Doesn't Marvel have a Punisher series on Netflix now? Maybe it's an attempt to correct this mistake, sort of the same way their Daredevil series is correcting the Ben Affleck "mistake."
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

EricMontreal37

I don't really care for the character of The Punisher at all.  I guess the only time he kinda worked for me was in limited use in Frank Miller's great run on Daredevil (back when Miller was good).  But he's had a number of screen appearances--all pretty much quickly forgotten until now with Netflix where I gather he was so popular on Daredevil Season 1 that they did decide to give him a show (I'm behind on the Netflix/Marvel shows, but I don't think it's premiered yet).

(OK, I checked--it premiers in two weeks).

Dolph Lundgren starred in a 1989 version which had him up against the Yakuza because... why not?  It wasn't, apparently, much like the comics, really... 

I believe fans liked the 2004 version quite a bit, overall, but... I've never seen it.

Chris L

I'm pretty sure The Punisher doesn't appear until Daredevil Season Two (which I haven't watched, because I really wasn't that enamored with Season One).
But us, old friend,
What's to discuss, old friend?

scenicdesign71

May 25, 2020, 08:08 pm #4 Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 09:10 am by scenicdesign71
I came across this listicle yesterday and ended up enjoying its eighth item, a feature-length, crowd-financed 2011 dance film (and valentine to NYC) that is guaranteed to lift your mood:

https://www.girlwalkallday.com